This Service Guide is prepared by the FIDA for all persons, natural and juridical, who are engaged in the grading/baling, processing/manufacturing, classifying, buying and selling of Philippine Commercial fibers.
This Guide aims to provide basic and salient information on licensing to the above mentioned fiber participants, to enable them to comply with the requirements on the filing of applications for licenses provided in the FIDA Revised Administrative Order No.1.
Likewise, the prescribed streamlined procedures and timelines in the issuances to our stakeholders are provided herein.
ANY PERSONS, NATURAL OR JURIDICAL, ENGAGED IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES IS REQUIRED TO SECURE A LICENSE:
1. Grading and baling commercial fibers wether for domestic and/or foreign consumption;
2. Buying fibers for their mother companies;
3. Buying and selling fibers for domestic and foreign consumption;
4. Processing/manufacturing fibers into semi-finished or finished fiber based or finished products wether for domestic or foreign consumption;
5. Converting semi-finished or finished products into other forms;
6. Classifying fibers at grading/baling establishments (GBEs), Class A traders or processing/manufacturing plants.