Date Posted August 2016.
President Rodrigo R. Duterte recently appointed Victor B. Prodigo as the new Executive Director of the Philippine Fiber Industry Development Authority (PhilFIDA).
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Prodigo served as advisor/coordinator at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Region VI. Other agencies and offices he has worked with are Asian Development Bank-Department of Agrarian Reform, Appropriate Technology Asia and Department of Agriculture, to name a few.
Mr. Prodigo earned his Master of Arts (MA) degree at the Brandeis University in Massachusetts, USA and has to his credits the following:
- An innovative international development professional with more than 25 years of experiences in internationally-financed sustainable agriculture, agroforestry, coastal and rural development projects of USAID, EU, ADB, GIZ, Netherlands Development Organization, Save the Children, NGOs and etc.
- With proven track record in managing export-oriented agriculture crops
- With track record in supporting and packaging of project proposals/grants for funding from donor organizations and their implementation, monitoring, evaluation and assessment
- Has strong coordination and planning skills and long-years experiences in agriculture, agroforestry, natural resource management, livelihood and other rural development projects
- With knowledge and skills on international farm sustainability certification standard